Monday 6 October 2008

1/55 DYRL VF-1A Hikura


Front view of the box


Back view of the box


VF-1A on the styrofoam insert tray


VF-1A Hikaru in battroid mode


Front view of VF-1A Hikaru in gerwalk mode


Side view of VF-1A Hikaru in gerwalk mode


Top view of VF-1A Hikaru in fighter mode


Front view of VF-1A Hikaru in fighter mode


Side view of VF-1A Hikaru in fighter mode


The toy comes with a card on the valkyrie mechanical file


The other side of the card


A comparison of the vintage (left) and reissued (right)


The heat shield on the left is for the vintage valkyrie (clip-on) & heat shield on the right is manned for the reissued version (switch type)

I had gotten so fatigue after having spent a few hours trying to remove those stubborn stains on this 24-year-old toy that is almost the same age as me. Ha! Ha! Actually I am much older....

I have spent USD $122.41 and also a long time rubbing this babe till my finger kind of hurts. Sob! Sob! Finally have time to take pictures of it after cleaning up. It's impossible for me restore the toy to it's original state so you can still see stains on the valkyrie. Can't afford the pearlie white VF-1A cos the prices are too steep but this is good enough for my standard. 

Even though there were some wearing on the paintworks, stickers already applied, a missing piece of styrofoam from box, one missile missing and one missile taken out from tree. The feeling is still ULTIMATELY GREAT having it!

5 comments:

Ngee Khiong said...

How matter how I look at these Macross Valkyrie, the ones from the original generation are still the best...

Dennis aka Katsuden said...

I also feel that the original VF-1J & VF-1S (Roy Focker) stands out over the rest. Thanx to have you at my blog again.

Ngee Khiong said...

You're right about VF-1J and VF-1S. After all these years, my favorite is still VF-1S. It's like the icon of Macross for me. ^^

jeroprime said...

I prefer VF-1J than VF-1S, don't know why, just like the head design for VF-1J.

Dennis aka Katsuden said...

Actually, the main valkyrie should be VF1J cos the main character is Hikaru Ichijo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...