Wednesday 11 January 2012

Lucky☆Star : Izumi Konata Swim Suit Figure & T-Shirt














Advisory: One of the pics in this post can be disturbing. I have rated it R(A) 'Restricted Art'. 
(Strictly for visitors of 'Collect'em All')

Taking an open approach to toys in 2012, I will not restrict myself to just toy of a particular genre, so bear with me if you are only interested in Gundam. It is for the benefit of the general toy community. Well, you need not have to wait forever cos the next post will be a Gundam. Hee! Hee! 

I was on holiday with my kampong "family" to Batam island last November and as usual, I had brought along some figurines that I could squeeze into my luggage bag. So what did I bring? It's this HGIF gasaphon figure of Izumi Konata from 'Lucky☆Star', in her grade 6th school swimsuit. Konata made her appearance in this swimsuit, in episode 6 of 'Lucky☆Star' anime when the gals went on a beach vacation. It's also in this episode the anime did a parody of Initial D. 

The gasaphon had brought out the kawaii...ness in Konata from her mole, her lips to the Jap wordings on her swimsuit. The legs of the figure can't be bended but the arms and head can be rotated 360 degrees for more posabilities. Since Konata is in her swimsuit, I brought her to the hotel swimming pool for some outdoor action. 

On top of all, I had also worn my 'Lucky☆Star' T-shirt by Cospa, which I had bought from 'The Anime Shop'. My wifee was on her wit again to make me pose in-front of the camera in my new T-Shirt and Konata figure in my hand.

21 comments:

David John Shewsbury said...

You look quite handsome with that T-shirt, reminded me of the young Alan Tam :-)

deSMOnd said...

Cute little figure...

Dennis aka Katsuden said...

>> David John Shewbury
Ha! Ha! I will take that as a compliment!

>> deSMond
Oh yes, an adorable cheap toy that I could relate to the anime.

Jeny said...

Please visit this this site for purchanging toys.........

toys melbourne

Dennis aka Katsuden said...

Thx! I will check it out...

LEon said...

Wow you are so lucky to win the T-shirt!

Dennis aka Katsuden said...

Actually, I bought it but it was a steal... Hee! Hee!

on_o said...

LOL.... This reminds me of a Lucky Star-type conversation we shared in office with Prim and Eric. Trust me to link our everyday lives with anime, I must be a hopeless otaku

bluedrakon said...

What, no Gundam stuff, just a girl in a swimsuit. Who is that guy making that crazy face, he should see a doctor about that :D

Is it just me, or does she look drunk with that facial expression?

Dennis aka Katsuden said...

>> on_o
Ha! Ha! Life is a lot better if we are able to see it in a humorous way and laugh over some silly moments. I guess our jokes something originate from anime or manga. We are pretty much the same.... hopeless otaku.... Lol...

>> bluedrakon
Ha! Ha! Sorry to disappoint you bro... Those crazy stuff are just for laugh. ''Somebody call for a medic''. Got this from military movies... What am I saying...

Anyway, that look of konata is practically how she looked like throughout the anime.

LEon said...

LOL sorry bro I read the worn as won. LOL I would get one of this shirt too if the price is right. LOL Lucky star is great!

Andy NYK said...

*imagining*
dennis (singing): "darlin', darlin' freeze!"
rofl~

Dennis aka Katsuden said...

Ha! Ha! That's the opening song. You watched the anime too!

Andy NYK said...

yup, i watched it. saw a recommendation from a comment on one of your posts. also watched giant killing. there's quite a few nice ones in 2011 too.

Dennis aka Katsuden said...

I see.... Thank you the support all this while bro...

chrismandesign said...

you are providing us with brand new stuff, HUH... GREAT!!!... we need more open minded collectors around LOL... girls, girls, girls !!!... i must take a look to that series, everything sarcastic or parodic is my kind of stuff...

P.S. is there a picture of a thriller/horror movie poster there, i mean, the guy with t-shirt ???... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA... just kidding pal, indeed you look pretty funny and the t-shirt is cool... XD

Dennis aka Katsuden said...

Ha! Ha! I kind of enjoy being poked at in this post. Luv the interaction for a post on such a simple toy. Some apart from the serious mecha toy review. Lol... Thx pal!

yanmaneee said...

off white
yeezy shoes
nike shox
supreme clothing
coach outlet
supreme new york
kyrie shoes
nike sneakers for men
curry 6
vapormax

Unknown said...

replica bags paypal replica bags by joy best replica bags online 2018

stinoos said...

next page replica bags from china site here buy replica bags online check out here Louis Vuitton Dolabuy

teeppe said...

replica bags in china investigate this site e7n39y7b15 7a replica bags replica bags from china replica gucci z1z01r2b71 replica bags gucci look at more info a4p78u7r96 best replica bags replica bags from china r9l52g3t77

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...